Tally/Accounting ERP hosting on AWS Cloud
Access your accounts from anywhere.
Jain Udyog, Agartala
Jain Udyog – An authorised sales and service dealership, Jain Udyog in Agartala has been in the business ever since the year 1996. In a short span of time, the place made a name for itself as well as increased its patrons base tremendously. Ever since its inception, the showroom has always ensured that it maintains a high standard when it comes to servicing its guests. The establishment endeavors to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction and improving the buying experience for its customers.
During its time in the business, the company has constantly made evident effort to keep abreast with the needs of the customers alongside the growing market. Understanding that options are galore, this showroom makes the researching, buying and selling as well as post sales engagements easy and uncomplicated.
The client was facing problems because of lockdown in accessing his Tally ERP Application and other desktop based applications which he wanted to access from anywhere. There was also a challenge on security, i.e. how to enable users to connect to the application securely and they should refrain from accessing any other applications in the desktop. Additionally there was also a challenge related to folder accessibilities rights among the users of the application.
Solution to meet challenges
- We proposed to deploy EC2 server with Windows Server Operating system.
- Group Policy setup in Server Manager and user accessibility and security setup for folder rights etc.
- Terminal – RDP setup
- deployment of needed application.
- Setting up the right security group inbound rules and NACL
- Installation of 3rd party IDS (Intrusion Detection System) – End Point Protection as well.
- Cloudwatch Eventbridge to trigger the Lambda function to change the EC2 status change as needed by client.
- Cloudwatch agent installation with custom metrics and alarm configurations if usage thresold is breached.
- Client has got the flexibility of working from anywhere and accessing his data
- Freedom from maintaining the On premise server and thereby savings on the ownership cost / TCO.
- Chose the Pay as you go model. They use the server only 6 days in a week only for 8 hours. Hence this On-demand instance pricing model has helped them in reduction of cost.
- Monitoring and activity dashboard alongwith the secured logging tool thereby client feels more secure and best in class performing AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Moved the client from On-prem server to AWS infrastructure with his desired requirements.